The motorcycle industry of our country is expanding rapidly. Not only the Motorcycle industry but also essentials for the bikes are also expanding. A few years ago, we can hardly find any international engine oil brands in Bangladesh. But now we can see the leading engine oil brands are in competition and available in Bangladesh. Among them, Shell is one of the best.
Shell is the number one global lubricant supplier. They deliver market-leading lubricants to consumers in over 100 countries. Shell has world-class technological insights to produce its lubricants which offer you the best formulations for your vehicle. According to Kline & Company’s 18th Edition Global Lubricants Market Analysis and Assessment 2020 report Shell is the leading global supplier of finished lubricants for 14 consecutive years. Shell sells a wide variety of lubricants to meet customer needs across a range of applications. These include consumer motoring, heavy-duty transport, construction, mining, power, agriculture and general manufacturing. In this article, you will know why is Shell world no #1 lubricant brand?
Why Shell is the world no #1 lubricant brand:
- Shell uses Pure Plus Technology and a suite of premium low-viscosity synthetic lubricants offer consumers improved engine performance with up to 4% fuel savings and reduced CO2 footprint accordingly.
- Seven of the world’s 10 largest car manufacturers choose Shell as their main lubricants supplier. Shell has built successful commercial relationships with key global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) including BMW, Volkswagen, FAW Group, John Deere, Daimler, Mahindra, Renault-Nissan, Wartsila, Geely, Hyundai, Komatsu, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) Group, Siemens, Atlas Copco and others.
- Shell has developed a line of fluids engineered specifically for the high-tech powertrains of hybrids and electric vehicles (EVs). These have been designed both from Shell’s own laboratories, as well as by working in close technical partnership with OEMs and component manufacturers for more than 20 years. Shell E-Fluids portfolio includes: E-Transmission Fluids, E-Thermal Fluids, E-Greases and Shell Helix Hybrid.
- Shell has over 200 scientists and engineers working in specialized technical centers for lubricants in the US, China, Germany and India, dedicated to research and development into lubricants and oils.
- Shell has one of the largest lubricants supply chains in the world that manufactures and buys several base oil grades and blends them with additives at Shell-owned or joint venture blending plants to create a range of branded products with unique specifications.
- Shell has had longstanding motorsport technical partnerships with Ferrari (F1), Team Penske (NASCAR and IndyCar), Ducati (MotoGP), BMW Motorsport (DTM, endurance racing) and Hyundai Motorsport (World Rally Championship). Shell Helix Ultra with PurePlus Technology is the only motor oil that Ferrari F1, BMW Motorsport DTM and Hyundai i20 WRC cars use. Team Penske uses only ‘off-the-shelf’ Pennzoil Ultra Platinum full synthetic 0W-40 motor oil in all of its Indy cars and cutting edge PurePlus Technology under the hood of its NASCAR cars.
Those facts above are facts that make Shell this reliable to be named #1 global lubricants supplier for the 14th year in a row.
Here’s a list of available Shell products in Bangladesh:
Shell Advance engine oil price list
|Shell Advance Ax Star 20W40 (1L)
|Shell Advance Ax Star 20W40 (900 ML)
|Shell Advance AX5 10W30 (Mineral)
|Shell Advance AX5 20W40 (Mineral)
|Shell Advance AX5 20W50 (Mineral)
|Shell Advance AX5 10W30 Scooter Oil
|Shell Advance Fuel Save 10W30 (synthetic)
|Shell Advance Long Ride 10W40 (synthetic)
|Shell Advance Ultra 4T 10W40 (synthetic)
Ranks Petroleum Ltd is the sole distributor of Shell in Bangladesh. According to the report, Shell’s total volumes sold were approximately 4,500 kilotonnes of finished lubricants, equivalent to approximately 5 billion litres. These global sales were split almost evenly between three segments and at the same percentage split to the previous year: consumer automotive (34%), industrial (36%) and commercial automotive (30%). Shell maintained its leading global market share in 2019 relative to the year prior, with a slight market share increase over the next largest IOC supplier.