Tyre plays a vital role in any kinds of motor vehicle. A well-maintained tyre can provide you with excellent performance, enhance riding quality, and also improve your riding control. So it’s definitely sure that tyre is one of the essential parts of a motorcycle. A high-quality tyre ensures the safety of a rider.
Motorcycle tyres are not like a car tyre. Cars tyres are made with hard component and design to last long. But motorcycle tyres are made with soft component and design for performance orient. Many bikers don’t know when he/she has to change the old tyre and invest in a new one. Today, we are going to show you five signs when you definitely have to change your old bike tyre.
- Wear: This is the most common and one of the first sign that you should change your tyre. Tyre manufacturer companies write a wear mark on the sidewall. its called Tyre Wear Indicators (TWI). This sign comes with a triangular arrow that indicates the level of wear after which a tyre should not be used further.
- Treadwear: Often we didn’t see the tyre damage or wear. But sometimes the tyre gets trade wear. There is a regulation of tread depth standards. That a tyre should have a tread depth of 1/32″ to 2/32″. Tyre companies give a trading indicator into the rubber trade grooves. So, check your tyre grooves and if it exceeds the minimum level then definitely change your tyre.
- Puncture or cuts: Too many punctures and cuts are harmful to a motorcycle tyre. If your tyre has multiple punctures then the inner tube might blast out. Not only this, you can get puncture anytime during a ride. It will decrease the bike’s performance as well as the bike’s controls.
- Tyre age: A car tyre have a lifetime of more than 10 years. But a motorcycle tyre doesn’t have that much lifespan. As I said, motorcycle tyres are made with soft materials for better grip and performance. A motorcycle tyre has a lifetime of a maximum of 5 years even your tyre doesn’t have damage or wear. The reason behind this is that the oils in the rubber evaporate over time causing the rubber to harden up. You can find the manufacturing 4 digit code write on a tyre.
- Scalping or Cupping: In this condition, tyre gets worn out next to the length of the front tyre trade. It decreases bikes performance and also a dangerous issue for your control. If you see this problem then not only just change your tyre but you also have to check your suspension setting.
Remember, tyre is the only part of a motorcycle which is connecting your motorcycle to the road. So, keep your tyre healthy for a safe and comfortable ride.
If you want your stock tyre or damaged tyre then you can choose Tourino tyres which is the first tubeless tyre manufacturer company in Bangladesh. They are producing world-class and almost all patterns of motorcycle tyres. For more details please visit – https://bit.ly/2N0mJvE