This post is also available in: Bengali
To me, Hunk is a name of trust, satisfaction and love. I’m Efaz Ahmed. I live in Uttorkhan, Uttara. I’m a honors 3rd year student. Today I’m going to share my motorbiking experiences with Hero Honda Hunk.
My motorbiking life begins-
My father always has been against me to purchase a motorbike. Father asked why I am so addicted to bikes and told me to focus on my study. I could not say anything because I was afraid of my father from my childhood. Nevertheless I have been always fascinated to bikes and my uncle always managed time to take me on ride. Maybe that’s the time when I got so addicted to bikes or maybe before that. So I learned riding bike when I was in class 7. I have learned riding bike with TVS GLX after that my love for bike has increased, I occasionally rode my uncle’s bike.
The reason of buying Hero Honda Hunk 150 –
In my bike riding experience, I had the privilege of riding a lot of bikes, starting from 125cc. Before buying Hero Honda Hunk 150, I was confused about riding a high segment bike. But after seeing the appearance of Hunk, I decided to own it. At last in 2010, I have brought the red colored Hero Hunk 150. It felt big after siting on it. It’s actually a big and heavyweight motorbike. I had a good feeling for the suspension when riding back home. The feedback from the suspension after riding on small holes and speed beakers is quite comforting. I had a smooth riding feelings. After buying the bike, I have learned the basics by riding nearby then gradually started riding in the highway. Though I was afraid at the beginning but eventually got rid of it.
The experiences of riding Hero Hunk 150 –
Last time when I was started my journey in the morning from Manikganj, the road was free. I had an amazing experience because my bike was running smoothly with a speed of around 80/90 km/h. On that day I had a top speed of 115 km/h. But I could not manage to get more speed. Though I was satisfied with that speed. But I thought the speed could be increased. I watched some videos where there was a top speed of 120+ km/h. However, I had traveled almost 180 km with out having any trouble because Hunk has a upright handlebar. I had a feeling that I didn’t make mistake buying Hunk. Ultimately I have traveled 42,000 km. Sometimes I feel like I’m riding with the engine off because of the smoothness and low sound of the engine. I have experimented quite a lot of thing by the time. I have traveled on almost every road like mud, sand road, raw road, brick paved road, stone paved road, hill road and highway. I had comfort in both on-road and off-road. Further more, I had rode a continuous distance of 230 km and 400+km in a day. I had traveled some district with my Hunk without facing any problems.
Some of the common faults in Hero Honda Hunk 150 –
Based on my experiences, I can not say that Hunk is the 100% perfect bike. Every bike has some drawbacks. Likewise, I have faced problems with Hunk. For example –
- The weight of Hero Hunk is comparatively increased which can be noticed in the city way or traffic jam.
- The rear brake is good but would be more comforting if the tyre size is increased.
- The rear tyre skids after hard breaking which can bring dangerous consequences.
- It is risky to take cornering because the rear tyre can skid.
- The headlight is not satisfying.
Consult with a mechanic regarding any problem other wise you’ll suffer. Get servicing with a good care. From my own experience, don’t leave everything on the mechanic rather be present to get you servicing done. I have not found any other problems.
- The fitting of 110 size branded tyre in the rear of Hunk can offer good performance.
- Obiously maintain the air pressure of both tyre according to the manual.
- Use the engine oil according to the manual (Grade 10w30)
- The smothness of the bike and engine durability will increase after 4/5 thousand kilometer if you maintain the break-in period.
- Take time to time servicing and use standard feeler gauge to adjust the tepid when the engine is cooled.
- Always use original parts when repairing.
- Always prefer good mechanic specifically Hero service center.
- Use 35w branded bulb for headlight issue.
Courtesy – Efaz Ahmed
This post is also available in: Bengali