Just like the blood in our human body, an engine can’t perform at its peak without proper and standard engine oil. A large number of people in our country yet don’t know about their motorcycle engine oil grade and harm their engine. We can found many international engine oil brands in Bangladesh. Though every engine oil brands manufacture the same grade engine oil but there are some differences in their quality and performance because of their technology.
For those who like to have proper engine performance with smooth gear shifting, Shell would be their first priority. A few months ago, Ranks petroleum ltd launch Shell Advance Long Ride 10W40 engine oil in the market which was import direct from Thailand. Shell claims that this synthetic engine oil can provide up to a 6000 km drainage period and also reasonable. Shell also has a 10w40 grade synthetic engine oil named Shell Advance Ultra 4T which is a little bit expensive than the Long Ride. Though these two are synthetic engine oils then why the price gap?
Differences between Shell Advance Ultra 4T 10W40 & Shell Advance Long Ride 10W40:
Though these two engine oils are the same graded and synthetic but there are some differences between them. Shell Advance Long Ride specially designed to protect the engine up to 6000 km. Though it’s not possible in our country because of the low-quality fuel and road conditions. But yet, it can provide up to 4000 to 4500 km drainage period depend on riding quality. So it’s sure that after changing your engine oil you can ride for a long period. The engineers of Shell added Oil Volatility Control technology to Ensures lower oil consumption due to its stronger molecular bonds and up to 79% better than the industry standard. The robust formulation also provides 17.9% more oxidative stable than a leading fully synthetic competitor. On the other hand, Shell Advance Ultra 4T is specially designed to protect better engine performance in the city and long ride both. The Pureplus Technology helps to get ultimate performance for all 4-stroke modern motorcycles. It will maintain the proper engine oil viscosity and prevent engine heating issues. Shell claims RCE protection of this engine oil which means Reliability of oil performance, Control, Enjoyable ride. Its Optimised friction control helps to get smoother clutch engagement and gear changes.
Apart from these, there are no basic changes to these two engine oils.
Shell Advance Ultra 4T 10W40 Key Features:
- Fully synthetic technology – for Shell’s ultimate protection and oil-performance reliability.
- Excellent shear stability – to dampen vibration and reduce noise.
- Optimized friction control – for smoother clutch engagement and gear changes.
- Shell’s ultimate lubrication performance – for proven protection against valve train wear.
- Shell Advance Pureplus Technology – Shell PurePlus Technology converts natural gas into a clear base oil with virtually none of the impurities of crude oil.
- Removal of sludge and engine deposits.
Shell Advance Long Ride 10W30 Key Features:
- Oil Volatility Control– Ensures lower oil consumption due to its stronger molecular bonds and up to 79% better than the industry standard.
- Effective Lubrication – Performance up to 6,000 KMS without compromising engine protection and performance.
- Robust Formulation – 17.9% more oxidative stable than a leading fully synthetic competitor product, keeping your engine running trouble-free during a long journey.