Yamaha FZs FI V2.0 and Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS both are considered as the naked sports bike in Bangladesh where FZs is a 150 cc bike which is available in Bangladesh since long. But FI edition of the bike has launched couple of years ago. Considering it, Pulsar 160 NS is almost a latest addition of Pulsar which has just released in Bangladesh couple of months ago. Sometimes, Yamaha FZs compared to a standard commuter but after releasing the upgraded FI V2.0 version, it is now compared with naked sports bike. So, today we would like to make the comparison review between this two bikes Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS and Yamaha FZs FI V2.0. First of all we know that Yamaha is one of the two most reputed Japanese bike manufacturer in the World where Bajaj is originated in India. So, considering the brand value, Yamaha is ahead of Bajaj. Let’s check the other comparisons below.
Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS Vs Yamaha FZs FI V2.0
|Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS
|Yamaha FZs FI V2.0
|SOHC 4-Valve, Oil Cooled, DTS-i Engine
|Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
|15.5 PS @ 8500 rpm
|12.9 Bhp @ 8000 rpm
|14.6 Nm @ 6500 rpm
|12.8 Nm @ 6000 rpm
|No. of Cylinders
|No. of Gear
|Kick and Self Start
|Fuel Tank Capacity
|80/100-17″ 46 P
|100/80-17M/C (52P)NYLOGRIP ZAPPER-FX1
|Pulsar 160 NS Full Specification
|Yamaha FZs FI V2 Full Specification
- Looks: Looks makes the first impression in all cases. So, looks is very important for a bike specially for a sports bike. In that case, both Pulsar NS and Yamaha FZs FI have very attractive looks indeed. THough, both are great in different ways. NS has very sharp and attractive racing looks where FZs FI has very decent, wide and charming looks. Some people would like Pulsar NS and some would like Yamaha FZs no doubt. Pulsar has sharp and attractive fuel tank and extended kit of the tank makes it more sporty. It has stylish and higher rear seat which is also splitted. There are rear tyre guard added and stylish alloy wheels added into the bike. The handlebar is also sporty. On the other side, FZs has bigger fuel tank with great color combinations. It has thick, splitted and comfortable seating position with wide rear end. The bike FZs is pretty decent and all aged people freely ride the bike.
- Engine Performance: No doubt, the Japanese engine is much more reliable than any other brands in the World. So, it seems that Yamaha FZs has more reliable engine than Pulsar NS. Obviously Bajaj is the most reliable Indian brand and in Bangladesh the demand of Bajaj is much more higher than Yamaha. They are doing business with reliability in the country. So, they have also provided better engine to their latest bike Pulsar 160 NS. Powered by 160 cc engine, the max power of the bike is 15.5 PS and max torque is 14.6 Nm. The engine is oil cooled, four valve, SOHC and DTSi. It has five speed gearbox with wet multi disc clutch plate. But Yamaha FZs has 149 cc engine that can generate 12.9 Bhp max power and 12.8 Nm max torque. The engine is air cooled, two valve, SOHC which has five speed gearbox.
- Suspension & Brake: Suspensions of Yamaha FZs are very good and ensures proper comfort. In front the bike has telescopic forks suspension and in rear there is monocross swingarm suspension added. They are very good quality. In the case of Pulsar 160 NS, Bajaj has installed very updated suspensions into their bike. They have Telescopic suspension in front with anti friction bush and rear nitrox mono shock absorber attached. Besides, the brake of Yamaha FZs is very good. There are two versions of Yamaha FZs are available in Bangladesh now where one is with single disc and other one is with double disc brake. There are obviously price differences between this two versions. Rear disc brake is the newest addition. On the other side, Pulsar NS 160 has only single disc brake version is available. In the circumstances of Bangladesh, both front and rear disc brake is much appreciated.
- Comfort & Control: Yamaha FZs FI V2.0 can be called as one of the most popular bike in Yamaha in the segment. It is best for comfortable ride. The previous version of the bike was also very good. But FI V2.0 has updated features in all cases. It has splitted but comfortable seating position. So, male and female all types of pillion can easily ride on the bike. In the other case, Pulsar NS has very sporty looking seating position. The rear end of the bike is higher which can cause trouble to the female pillion. But considering all the facts, both bikes can provide comfortable ride though, NS can not match with FZs in that case. Controlling of the bike Yamaha FZs is very good and comparatively better than Pulsar 160 NS. It has both single disc brake version and double disc brake version available and so, considering riders choice, it can provide security.
- Fuel Consumption: Now, we are going to consider the bikes with mileage. Yamaha FZs FI V2.0 has BS4 engine along with fuel injection technology. Besides, Blue Core technology is also added to the bike. Due to the reason, it’s mileage is obviously better than Pulsar 160 NS now. Reportedly, the bike Yamaha FZs FI V2.0 will provide more than 45 km average mileage where Pulsar 160 NS used to give near about 40 km average mileage. But, the bike lovers specially sports bikes fans does not consider this type of mileage difference much. They look for speed and style mostly.
- Top Speed: Yamaha FZs FI V2.0 is not good for speed. On the other side, as naked sports bike Pulsar 160 NS is almost good at speed. NS would run more than 130 kmph top speed reportedly where Yamaha FZs FI V2.0 would run almost 120 kmph top speed. But considering the speed, the controlling of FZs FI V2.0 is much better than NS 160. Now, Yamaha has launched rear disc brake version of FZS FI V2.0.
- Price: Yamaha is a Japanese brand and their product is also Japanese assembled. So, their bikes price will be obviously more than Indian assembled bikes. The price of Yamaha FZs FI V2.0 is simply BDT 2,10,000 and the price of Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS is BDT 199,800 only.
Here we present the full comparison between Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS and Yamaha FZs FI V2.0. Now, it will be your decision to make. Both are very good bikes no doubt. But considering reliability, speed, controlling and comfort, FZs FI V2.0 would be far better than NS where NS has still some lacking though it looks fully sporty.